Friday, January 6, 2012

Snowflakes and Butterflies

For this project, I used a Thrift Store picture frame (which was previously an ugly tan color but I sanded and stained it to match my furniture), old foil-wrapping paper, and some craft tape (I ran out of scotch tape). The frame cost me $1.75 and I have had the wrapping paper for a couple years… When I bought this tape at Michael’s (on sale for like $.60!) I thought that the letters were white, but I’ve discovered, to my pleasant surprise, that they are actually clear. The different font letters, this roll have “J”s and I have a roll with “D”s for my initials, take on the color of whatever paper you place it on. Even though this isn’t seen with the artwork, I love it! The frame I bought had a metal insert that was used as a mat, so I just covered that with the wrapping paper as tightly as I could (foil wrapping paper likes to separate from itself and tends to bubble and wrinkle easily, this one especially but I just love the pattern) then put the frame back together. (There was no glass included, but I think I prefer it without glass.) Voila! Beautiful wall art that cost me less than $5 if you count what little dark brown stain and foil wrapping paper I used in combination with the cost of the frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment