Friday, January 6, 2012

Apothecary jars- Phase 1

I am officially addicted to Pinterest and as a result of that I see lots of crafts and projects that I want to try myself. One in particular that I saw was for inexpensive apothecary jars. I found the jars at Dollar Tree, along with the decorative sand but wasn’t able to find wood pieces that would support the jars. (By the way, these same hurricane-shaped jars cost nearly $4 at Wal-Mart, I don’t even want to know how much Michael’s would charge!) Nevertheless, I am on a mission to find wood pieces to complete the bases and the lids for these jars. Until then I will just offset the jars. For the middle jar, I used a branch and pine cone from a tree outside my apartment, one jar of decorator’s sand, and one jar. I put the sand in and then arranged used multiple different branch clippings and arrangements to find the one I liked the best. Once I found what worked best, I arranged it with two other jars that I had filled with glitter covered lights and ornaments. For this jar specifically, I only spent a little over $2 with tax and I absolutely love it! 
(I originally did this a couple weeks before Christmas, but now that Christmas is over I need to find something else to put in the jars. I also want to finish them by making stands and lids for them.)










Taken inside my light box/tent so the glass is whited out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment