Saturday, January 14, 2012

DIY: Bathroom Accessory Votives

As a girl, I have many daily essentials that if unorganized can become cluttered and messy. For a while, I had some old jars that I had covered in tissue paper holding my q-tips, hairbands, etc. Even though they were cute, the jars weren't the same shape or size, and the tissue paper I used on it didn't match one another. All in all, I got bored with my previous creation and decided to make something different. I was going to re-cover the jars in matching tissue paper, but my steam for that project seems to have been lost so I moved onto something else. I recently bought myself a new hot-glue gun (okay, the same day I did this project, I couldn't wait lol), got some glass stone accents, square-shaped glass candle holders, and went to town. I started out in vertical rows of 4 and alternating the positioning, then I found that working around it from the bottom up produces a nicer look. The blue one is pretty, but my least favorite because it was the first one I did and my "trial and error" one. The green ones are my favorite, I am glad I saved those stones for last.  I will probably go get another candle holder and green or clear stones, make another one to match, and then use the blue one for an actual candle. No real loss or waste necessary. :) I can even use them all for candles once I am bored with them as organizers for my bathroom stuff, but I don't think that will happen for a while. Although I have a few blistered fingers from stones that flipped as I was placing them and sealed themselves onto my finger instead of the glass, this project was fun and I love my new bathroom organizers.

















Definitely my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment